Kelowna, BC, Canada
Email: me [at] notawful.org
Communication and Leadership.
- Coordinated a six person team to success on a two week project deploying and demonstrating Microsoft System Center 2016
- Liaised between my team and the program instructors to keep stakeholders informed of critical decisions and changes in projected schedules
Documentation and Writing.
- Six projects with more than one hundred pages of high quality technical documentation
- Four projects with introductory level documentation
- Four blog posts aimed at teaching general skills or concepts to non-technical readers
- Enabled project teams to work uninterrupted by anticipating and solving problems
- Traced root cause of obscure issues in peers' lab work
Security Audit, Networking and Telecommunications second year practicum. 2017.
- Researched the most prevalent malware attack vectors with a focus on finding mitigations that are built into targeted operating system
- Audited a law firm's security posture, particularly regarding user workstations vulnerability to ransomware
- Delivered deployment documentation for mitigations against common malware targeting Microsoft Office, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer
Deploying Microsoft System Center 2016, Networking and Telecommunications first year practicum. 2016.
- Architected and deployed a functioning private cloud solution using Microsoft System Center 2016 Technical Preview in a period of two weeks
- Coordinated with a team of six peers in an agile development cycle to deliver deployment documentation for Virtual Machine Manager, Configuration Manager, Service Manager, Operations Manager, and Orchestrator
- Demonstrated an automated work flow beginning with a web portal allowing a user to configure and deploy a virtual machine in a private cloud
Building Public Key Infrastructure in Windows, Blog post. 2017.
Available at: https://notawful.org/windows-pki/
- Building a Public Key Infrastructure on Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10
- Deploying root certificate authority and an enterprise certificate authority
- Automate certificate deployment to active directory users and workstations
- Revoke certificates and publish certificate revocation lists
Wireless Site Survey, Okanagan Regional Library (Kelowna Branch). 2017.
Networking and Telecommunications project.
- Worked with client to determine survey goals and scope of the survey
- Mapped the location of the wireless access points and created a heatmap to show the areas for each access point was responsible
- Analyzed wireless traffic during peak hours to identify most common traffic types
- Measured the RSSI, average transfer speeds, and ranked the user experience in high-traffic areas of the building
- Created a seven page report highlighting the team's finds and recommendations
Network Security Consultant, Windows Active Directory Security. Doak Shirreff Lawyers LLP., 2017.
- Designed an Active Directory structure for the implementation of privileged access workstations and LAPS
- Analyzed typical work flow for end users in order to design security solutions that would not negatively affect their experience
- Provided on-site I.T. staff with domain administration guidelines for future upgrades and maintenance
Tutoring and Mentoring. 2016-2017.
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate exam preparation
- CompTIA Linux+ exam preparation
- Network, endpoint, and physical security
- Scripting in Bash, PowerShell, Python
Computer and Small Electronics Repair. 2014-2018.
- Repaired small home appliances and desktop PCs
- Traced intermittent issues to specific causes and worked to resolve
Okanagan College. Kelowna, BC. 2015-2017.
Networking and Telecommunications Engineering Technologies.
- Computer Hardware and Peripherals
- Client & Server Security
- Scripting for Network and System Administrators
- Routing and Switching II
- Linux Server Management